Nitricity is an energy company that creates renewable on-site nitrogen fertilizer production with zero carbon emissions.
Agriculture · Chemical · Energy · Renewable Energy
Nitricity is on a mission to provide growers access to a more reliable, low cost, and environmentally-friendly fertilizer supply. Today, we're doing this through the use of our breakthrough technology that produces fertilizer using only air, water, and renewable energy. We focus on fertilizers that are best for fields and farmers - not what's best for factories and freight.
WhoCo's take on Nitricity
Nitrogen fertilizer production, distribution, and application cause as much as 6 percent of global carbon emissions. Nitricity is building technology to eliminate carbon emissions from these processes. Their proven technology and fresh round of funding set them up to make a lasting global impact and disrupt a $120B industry.
Energized by a shared mission, the team is led by highly-involved founders that have dedicated their careers to researching and developing real-life solutions to climate challenges.
Co-Founder & CEO
Former: Stanford High Temperature Gas Dynamics Lab
University of Colorado Boulder (BS); Stanford (MS/PhD)
Co-Founder, President & CTO
Former: Stanford Researcher
SUNY ESF (BS); Penn State University (PhD)
Perks & Benefits
$120k - $130k
San Leandro, CA
HR Legal Compliance
Diversity & Inclusion
Reporting directly to the CEO, the HR Manager will play a key role in the development of scalable processes that support the company’s mission and values.
You will be responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant HR policies, procedures, and best practices. You will identify and implement long-term strategic talent management goals.
Your first 6 months
- Build the company employee handbook
- Develop a new employee onboarding process that sets new hires up for success
- Lead the charge in instituting a formal performance review process
- Work closely with the leadership team to define company goals and values
- Implement an efficient hiring cycle to support our rapid growth trajectory
- Manage and optimize day-to-day people operations such as payroll, equity, visa applications, and union management
Impact you'll make
- As the first HR leader, you will drive the charge in doubling the team over the next 6 months
- You will lay the foundation for the employee experience at Nitricity for years to come